Fire Fable & Feast
FIRE FABLE & FEAST
80 years ago Giovanni Della-Franca (Jack) brought with him traditions and folklore from Northern Italy. This fable was sewn in the soil with the first apple tree planted at Core Cider and through four generations, Jack’s stories live on.
Fire Fable & Feast heralds the end of icy frost and long cold nights, welcoming new life to the orchard. Together we bask in the glow of this new season as we release and awaken the trees. From sticks to blossoms, and blossoms to apples, let there be a bountiful harvest ahead!
In the dark of night we will awaken the trees with chants and drums, dance and song, bask in the cleansing flames and watch embers carry winter away.
So don your pagan finery and join us to worship the seasons on this night of nights – Core’s Fire Fable & Feast.
- Pagan fancy dress
- Live band – Major Swing Project
- Fire performance by Hana Priest and roving fire performer
- Drumming performance by Rhythm Fix with drumming circle
- Forest fairies
- Wreath making
- Face painting
- Storytelling and live performances
- Mulled cider, cider, wine and beer
- Hearty food and drinks The Old Apple Shed & Harvest Room
- Crowning of our King and Queen! Two of the best dressed little munchkins will be crowned our King and Queen, leading the procession to the bonfire!
- Adult VIP (18+) – $165 (includes a sit down *3 Course Feast in the Orchard Bistro and beverages all night (excluding bottles of wine), and marshmallow stick for bonfire)
- Adult General Admission (18+) – $65 (includes drink on arrival, meal and marshmallow stick for bonfire)
- Child General Admission (12-17) – $55 (includes soft drink on arrival, meal and marshmallow stick for bonfire)
- Child General Admission (Under 12) – $30 (includes soft drink on arrival, kid’s meal and marshmallow stick for bonfire)
- Child (Under 3) – Free
- Bus transport return trip – $20 (pick up and drop off at Crown – details to be confirmed)
*VIP – 3 Course Feast
- Dinner starts at 6pm
- 3 course long table feast
- Beverages all night (excluding bottles of wine)
- Premium orchard views from the deck
- Use of the deck until 9pm
- Entry to all areas
- Marshmallow stick for bonfire
VIP FEAST MENU
Selection of cured meats & salami, terrine, chilled prawns, vegetable piccalilli, marinated feta, crackers & lavosh.
Shared Banquet Style Mains
Slow cooked beef cheeks, pork & fennel sausages, whole roasted chicken, BBQ pork ribs & belly. Served with duck fat roast potatoes, winter roots, steamed greens and a selection of sauces & condiments.
Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce, spiced apple fritters, mini tarts & cheesecake