Frequently Asked Questions
Is parking available?
We have parking available and additional overflow parking is available at the church. Please do not park on the yellow lines on the road. Ranger danger! $100 fine is applicable by the shire.
Can I get an Uber or taxi to/from the venue?
You can easily get an Uber or taxi to the venue. For your trip home, we recommend organising a pre-booked ride. We don’t have many rideshare drivers in the area and we often experience unavailability.
Is coach parking available?
Coach parking is available with additional coach parking at the church.
Is fruit picking available?
Fruit picking is only available on our orchard tours. Find out more here. Our orchard is not open to the general public.
From Jan – Mar we will have fruit picking tours for the whole family. These are ticketed events and will be featured here when available.
When is the best time of year to visit?
We believe that Core Cider is perfect in every season! Find out more about the seasons here.
Do you have disability access?
Core Cider is frequented by disability service providers who take their clients for a gorgeous day out in the Perth Hills amongst nature. Some of our inclusive and accessible features:
- Two mobility parking spots directly adjacent to the Orchard Bistro (take the first entrance)
- A mobility parking spot for access to the Cider Garden area downstairs (take the second entrance)
- Van and bus drop-off in front of the Orchard Bistro (take the first entry)
- There are fully accessible bathrooms for the Cider Garden area and the upstairs Orchard Bistro and Harvest Room
- Tables which can be moved to accommodate wheelchairs
- Accessible and compliant handrails for all parts of the venue
- Choice of inside and outside dining for all patrons
Are you kid friendly?
Absolutely! We love the little tackers so much we’ve built two playgrounds. A nature playground overlooking the orchard and our second playground is shaded with sails. Check out our spaces here.
Find out what’s in store for the School Holidays here.
Can I bring my dog?
Our orchard pooch Sally Apples doesn’t like other dogs on her turf so we do not allow dogs at Core Cider.
Are you open on public holidays?
We usually open on public holidays from 11am – 4pm. Please always check our homepage and What’s On for updates.
Please note that a public holiday surcharge of 12.5% applies.
When are you open?
Wed – Sun 11am – 4pm (5pm on Sundays)
Kitchen closes at 3.00pm
When is the Cider Garden open?
You can enjoy pizzas and ciders from our Cider Garden on weekends and on special occasions like the school holidays or public holidays. Please note that you are unable to book tables or lawn space in the Cider Garden.
Weather and how the venue is affected
We have ample indoor dining with our Orchard Bistro and Harvest Room cellar door plus plenty of outdoor spaces to enjoy on those beautiful sunny days. Please note we do tend to close our Cider Garden on rainy days.
Why do you use plastic cutlery and cups?
We use biodegradable cups in the Cider Garden. We do not use glass to protect the kids and anyone else who like to roam on the Green barefoot. Our cutlery is wooden and also biodegradable.
Our cups and cutlery perform like conventional plastic but they are made from Ingeo™ – a bioplastic made from plants, not oil. We choose plastic-free!
We are also in preparations for the Western Australia’s container deposit scheme coming for 2020.
Does Core Cider have sustainable practices?
Here’s a few things we are proud of:
- We recycle all water from our cider house and cidery systems back onto the orchard through a state-of-the-art Taylex water recycling system
- We have a bank of 150 solar panels on the shed roof
- We are in the early stages of composting a significant amount of our waste including biopak plastics, coffee grounds, food waste, orchard prunings, grass clippings and apple pulp. The resulting compost will be used in our orchard and gardens to enrich the soil.
- We use holistic, environmentally friendly practices with minimum inputs on the orchard.
I don’t drink cider. What other alcohol options do you have?
We have cider, beer, wine, sparkling wine and cocktails available plus don’t forget to try and all natural apple juice straight from our orchard. Please note that we do not serve spirits.
Do you have a cellar door?
We sure do! Our cellar door is the Harvest Room. Find out more in Spaces.
Do you cater for different dietaries?
We have gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available. If you have any dietary concerns please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you host weddings?
We sure do! Please refer to Weddings.
Can I book a function at Core?
We love hosting events. Please refer to Functions.
How can I get in touch?
Call us on (08) 9293 7583 or email email@example.com.